This leading Northern Beaches Golf Club engaged Dovetail to assist with unlocking how they could utilise the additional information they were uncovering from their Business Intelligent data with the aim of driving improved member engagement and marketing capability.
- Unlocking the valuable data the BI system holds for the purpose of club promotion and marketing
- Data collection and usage is not optimal in terms of efficiency or the value it provides marketing and revenue opportunities.
- Internal resistance to change is evident, preventing progress to develop marketing programs
Aligning marketing operations to cross-pollinate opportunities across golfing membership > House Membership > Weddings and Functions > Food & Beverage
Using Dovetail’s ‘Assess’ process, which involves gathering information about the Club’s Technology, Processes and its People, Dovetail successfully provided invaluable insight to the Clubs data and how it could be used more effectively to drive member engagement and increase spend.
This included uncovering previously unknown opportunities to integrate existing systems and processes within the Club and utilise the insights provided by data collected throughout the Club to provide intelligent and targeted offers and value to its members, guests and visitors
Furthermore, Dovetail identified tactical internal and external opportunities to improve the impact of current marketing practices and develop membership and engagement.
Dovetail uncovered various areas of improvement in member engagement and business processes:
- Introduce new marketing automation engagement programs that focus on current and new members as well as improving member engagement in the Club.
- Introduce ‘product bundles’ for social golfing visitors, loyalty schemes and optimising visitors from weddings and corporate events.
- Introduce a member marketing focused database with the ability to segment and analyse based on their current data.
- Track and measure Return On Investment of marketing activity using their current digital marketing tool, MailChimp
- Developed a simplified marketing focussed database allowing clear and concise segmenting capability and improved analysis capability.
- Designed and built a ‘data engine’ which allowed for multiple data sets to be ingested and ‘crunched’ into a single marketing data ready file. This reduced existing processes down from 6 hours to a matter of minutes allowing the marketing team to focus on strategy.
- Created marketing automated programs in MailChimp®, which were driven by pre-determined triggers and specific business rules.
Located on the Northern Beaches, Sydney and only 30km from the Sydney CBD, this leading Golf Club is a stunning 18 hole golf course for members and public use. The Par 72 layout is a genuine test for players of all standards.