As a business owner or a marketer, it is important to drive automation using technology to boost operational efficiency throughout your sales and marketing process. Automation saves you time, provides a better customer experience and improves your overall go to market strategy. Decreasing the amount of time, you are spending on routine tasks by automating them helps you focus on growth opportunities. Implementing and automating as many of these growth opportunities as possible helps increase your revenue by doing much of the early-stage customer nurturing for you. We call this Revenue Growth Automation.
Are you using excel spreadsheets, post-it notes, emails, and calendars to manage your client information and opportunity tracking? Revenue Growth Automation is designed to introduce your business to modern and structured ways of capturing and managing all your client’s information.
Implement a Revenue Growth Automation Process
Growth-oriented brands use sales & marketing automation to grow their revenue by maximising finite time, energy, and resources. By doing more with less, businesses can operate more cost-efficiently. So where do you start? Start with these 5 key areas.
1. Define Your Goal
- Work with your team to define your organisation’s goals. Having a goal first is essential before you start any marketing campaigns. It is an effective way to measure and evaluate your progress.
- Using SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound) helps ensure that your objectives are attainable within a certain period. Goals will also help determine what parts of your process can be automated, and where automation will make the biggest impact on revenue growth.
2. Choose the right platform
Revenue Growth Automation is built on top of sales & marketing automation tools. Your marketing automation tool, coupled with your CRM (Customer Relationship Management tool are two of the most important pieces of revenue growth automation. Both tools need to be cloud-based software that help you:
- Build a database of customer information
- Develop & grow customer engagement and retention
- Build web forms & landing pages
- Create lead metrics to assess customer interest (lead scoring)
- Send highly personalised multi-channel communication (emails & SMS)
- Manage social pages
- Automate actions based on customer criteria or behaviour
- Analyse and measure
- Return on Investment
- Much more
A revenue growth automation platform centralises all these functions and helps sales & marketing generate leads, nurture their pipeline, manage their customer relationships, and optimise their spend.
You need a revenue growth automation tool that can:
✔ Help you visualise and assess your current sales & marketing process.
✔ Holds both your prospects and customer data in one place.
✔ Build automated workflows of your sales & marketing funnel
✔ Integrate with your website and engagement with your customers
✔ Provide measurement and insights into your campaign’s success
✔ Easy to use and understand – ideally a vendor that provides training and support
3. Organise Your Team
- Assigning the right people to be the platform expert needs to be a part of your long-term success, and plan to make the investment work for you. This enables internal ownership and upskilling for the right people.
- Consider using a tool that is user-friendly to improve your employee buy-in. Software that can easily be used can help your team learn the new system faster and streamline the process of change.
- Change can be tough and managing employee expectations and needs through the implementation process is important to ensure the new revenue growth automation platform gets used to its fullest potential. Get your team to buy in to the new software and goals early in the change process so that they are as invested in making it work as you are.
4. Scale Up Your Process
When your revenue growth strategies start to pay off, it’s time to begin scaling them up. However, without any data to measure, it’s difficult for marketers to prove their campaign’s success and exactly what strategies to scale – or how far they can scale. Typically, a marketing automation platform includes reporting and analytics features that provide all the information you need. As you implement the strategies that should help you reach your revenue goals, make sure to adjust anything that isn’t working as you go along based on the statistics your automation software has provided you.
Don’t forget! Test and tweak constantly as you scale.
5. Devise and Implement Your Plan
Work on how you are going to implement your plan using revenue growth automation. Make sure to collaborate with your team on what is required to accomplish each of the steps above. When everyone has bought in to the change, agrees and understands what needs to be done, this will help you reach your targets.
Why Implementing Revenue Growth Automation is Successful?
- 91% of the most successful users agree automation is “very important” to the overall success of their cross channel efforts.
- It’s a high-impact way to allocate resources that guarantee both reach and relevance with consumers. Today’s consumers demand authentic relationships across a dizzying number of touchpoints, channels, and devices.
- To stay productive and retain the personal touch that is so fundamental to business success, marketing automation is a vital ingredient in revenue growth automation.
Below are 7 reasons why revenue growth automation has proven to be required in successful businesses nowadays.
1. Target The Right People
- Automation reduces the number of unwanted leads in your sales funnel so you can focus on the ones that are the best fit for your business. Especially with B2B companies, marketing automation targets the right people with the right message at the right time.
- Using efficient customer segmentation such as demographics, interests, and purchasing habits, you can identify which group to target and create a more meaningful marketing campaign. Targeting the right people gives better conversion rates which in turn leads to higher ROI (Return on Investment).
2. Prevent Unwanted Errors
- Manual input of data is prone to errors.
- Automation helps minimise human error both at the initial data collection stage and by removing potential double-handling of data that can also introduce errors.
3. Increase Overall Productivity
- The more personalised your communications get, the less practical it is to do them manually. Creating and sending emails and SMS messages manually, even to a list, can be a big task that chews up a lot of time.
- Marketing automation helps you create personalised content by collecting prospect and customer data that you can then leverage in email templates and landing pages as dynamic content that is relevant to what the system knows about that customer.
- Repetitive tasks can be avoided while pulling the most important user segments back to your business. This frees up your team to focus on the most qualified leads and drive sales.
4. Efficient Time and Money Management
Because time is money, revenue growth automation reduces repetitive, time-consuming tasks and targets the right people at the right time to acquire, nurture, and help your team close the best leads. Win-win!
5. Optimised Business Processes
Delivering consistent value in a shifting market is what positions your business for success. To avoid data myopia is to stay competitive and relevant with your audience and drive the highest revenues. Business processes often lag behind the constantly shifting world of Martech. With cloud-based revenue growth automation software that is regularly updated you can easily adapt your strategies to what customers really want and capitalise on trends in real-time. This allows you to make the most of your current and future customer base.
6. Promote B2B Relationships
B2B relationships can take a lot of time and effort to foster. Decisions can take weeks, months or even years before a sale. Data that is collected from your website, landing pages, email campaigns, and other sources can be used to tailor communications to business buyers when most appropriate. Thus, you are more likely to engage them with information that is relevant to them, when it is of the most value to them. A revenue growth automation tool ensures that these long-term opportunities aren’t forgotten and can shorten the sales lifecycle.
7. Increase ROI
Revenue is the primary metric that businesses use to determine their company growth and campaign success. Using data analytics can provide you with intelligent insights that can help clearly understand what’s working and what isn’t so you can create more effective campaigns that drive sales. Knowledge is power, especially for marketers. If a small business can determine what strategies are effective, they can double down on what works and axe what doesn’t. And that means they can win more sales and grow their revenue.
- With innovative technology and communications platforms available all the time, you must find ways to improve and get smarter on how to engage and provide services to your prospects that meet them where they are.
- Read how one of our clients, Manly Golf Club used Revenue Growth Automation software to reach more customers and increase their business revenue on autopilot.
- Revenue Growth Automation helps you to provide value to the right people, at the right time so that your company can reach those goals you defined all the way back at the start of the process.